Table of Contents
Introduction to Chicken Dishes
When you want to eat sumptuous non-vegetarian dishes, there are a variety of Indian chicken dishes. Millions of food lovers want to taste authentic Indian dishes that taste earthy and leave a dash of regional flavors on their tongues.
What makes such dishes unique is their flavor, regional taste, and how it is prepared. If you start your gourmet journey with chicken dishes around Indian states then every dish will leave you asking for more.
Here we are listing down the 10 best Indian chicken dishes for you.
- Chicken Vindaloo: Chicken Vindaloo is special in the way its curry is cooked in vinegar or wine. It is from India and is usually served with rice or rotis. The fiery Vindaloo paste is the specialty of this dish. Influenced by Portuguese and prepared in Goan style, Chicken Vindaloo is a regional dish combining shellfish or shrimp.
- Chicken Korma: Passing on from the Mughal era, Chicken Korma is appetizing and something to crave for. The special ingredient poured into this dish is saffron which brings magical flavour. It is perfect to be included in dinners and house parties.
- Tandoori Chicken: We all love the rustic and coarse chicken tandoori. A top favorite in marriages, festivals, and restaurant menus, tandoori chicken is a special Indian preparation. The chicken is marinated in lemon and a paste of curd and masala is poured over it. It is stored and then grilled to be savored with either roti or rice.
- Kadai Chicken: If the name kadai chicken sounds mouth-watering then this dish is for you. It has rich and spicy curry that goes well with Indian bread. It is essentially a North Indian dish and is also called Karahi Murgh in other countries. The magic ingredients in this dish are ghee and the addition of kasuri methi.
- Chicken Chettinad: Chicken Chettinad originates in Tamil Nadu and bears the signs of the Chettiar community. If you are a re fan of Southern-style original chicken dish then chicken curry then Chicken Chettinad should not missed. In this dish, the chicken is marinated in a special paste that’s slightly hot in taste. The marinated chicken is then fried with spices and served.
- Malabar Chicken Curry: A popular Kerala Chicken dish, Malabar chicken curry cannot be forgotten when we make a tally of chicken dishes. The aromatic curry leaves, and pepper powder of Kerala, with mustard seeds and masala, Malabar chicken curry has its fan-following.
- Goan Chicken Xacuti: The name will leave you wondering about the dish more than the dish recipe itself. The Goan Chicken Xacuti is a classic Goan chicken dish and exudes the real flavors of the Goan dishes. To make this dish a green masala should be prepared and a separate Xacuti masala must be made with grated coconut, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, white poppy seeds, mace, and aniseeds with some nutmeg. This is dish quite flavourful and tingles your tastebuds.
- Tawa Chicken: You must have heard a lot about flat-surface cast iron Indian tawa. Tawa chicken is a dish that makes use of the tawa. And is cooked over it to maintain its rustic flavors. The ingredients are distinctive. It is prepared in a paste of gram flour, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, turmeric, fennel seed, coriander powder, and cumin seeds.
- Chicken Jalfrezi: Chicken Jalfrezi is another dish that is prepared uniquely. This dish has chicken cubes, capsicum, and big chunks of tomatoes. The special ingredient in this dish is ghee and ginger. Aside from this, the dish uses common ingredients like chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, and masalas. The taste left by the ghee adds a tinge of freshness to the chicken dish.
- Butter Chicken: Originally, a north Indian dish, Butter chicken was invented in Delhi and brought by a Punjabi origin duo. The authenticity of this dish is by its rich and buttery flavor mixed with tomato curry that heightens its taste. It is also called murgh makhani and is more commonly served in marriages and parties in India.
Non-vegetarian dish lovers can surely savor all these regional classic chicken dishes and also cook them at their homes. The different types of chicken preparation are also good to be ordered in restaurants.